Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Today the CAT result got revealed. I got a 96.89 percentile. It apparently seems a happy figure, but there's the irony...its just not enough for the IIMs'...just inches away. Though it was my first CAT, I had expectations from it. So it was really hard for me to digest the fact that my fingers were inches away from the button which would have opened the door of the IIMs'.
What if the great P.C.Sorcar(Junior) had altered the positions of 6 and 8 in my score with his illusory skills...I'll tell you what. I could have acquired a chair of confidence regarding a call for the interviews. But that's not to happen...as still illusion and reality are two extreme concepts.
People say time heal all wounds. This can be counted as one of my first major wounds. Perhaps it will heal over time. But mind you a wounded tiger is twice desperate and effective compared to a non wounded one. I will bounce back again and again to remind you who I am.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmm ... You know what, I'll be very honest with you. We have been thinking of saying this to you for quite sometime now ... but somehow we didnt. You are wasting yourself ... look at you man !...remember the first-second years of college... you were so damn good, it was so exciting to have you in class. Always ready with answers... crunching numbers like a supercomputer ...and now? Ok I agree things are very different now ... but still the killer instinct that lurked in you ... we dont see it anymore!
Consider you percentile ... I'm so damn sure you didnt need a P.C. Sorkar Junior /senior/whatever - you could have done the magic yourself! My message this year would be - Bring back the old sandy ... sharp, competitive, with that "I'm the boss 'round here!" confidence!
Few have, what it takes to achieve great things, why waste it when you have the gift!